- Career Magazine
- My Science Career
- Find A Job
- Graduate Programs
- Tools & Tips
- For Employers
About Science Careers
We realize that you might have some questions about how to use our new job search technology, so we have a dedicated team of support staff standing by to assist you. For any questions including account access, résumé storage, job applications, and more please send us an email or call us and we'll do our best to address any issue you might have. For contact hours and information please read below:
In the United States, our hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. In the United Kingdom, our hours of operation are 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. GMT.
To reach a representative via e-mail please send your correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact a United States representative by phone please call (202) 326-6740.
To contact an international representative please call +44 (0)1223 326525. All help requests will be responded to within one business day
About Science Careers
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I create an account on Science Careers? Just go to our Create an Account page. Fill out the required fields and click Next. It's that easy.
- I already have a Science Careers account. How do I access my information in the new system? Your account, including your cover letter(s) and résumé(s), has been moved over to the new system. To log in just use the same information you had previously used to sign in to your Science Careers account.
- I forgot my previous login information. What do I do? Your username is whatever e-mail address you used to create your account. To recover your password, visit our password recovery page and submit your e-mail address. Your password will be e-mailed to you.
- How do I search for Jobs? Go to the Find a Job section of Science Careers. In our sub-navigation section you'll see a few browsing options these options include Job Search, Browse All Jobs, By Employer, Biotechnology Jobs, Faculty Jobs, and Postdoctoral Jobs. To search by keyword specific discipline, and location click on Job Search.
- Can I search for all jobs posted by a specific company? Yes. To see all jobs available at a specific company click on Browse All Jobs in the Find a Job Section. Scroll to the Browse By Company section. Here there will be a listing of all current employers and the number of jobs they have available on Science Careers. You can also enter in a company name in the keyword search form on the main Job Search page.
- How do I sort my search results? You can sort your search results posted date, location, and company name. To sort, simply click on the up and down arrows located at the top of search results.
- How do I save a job? In any search result, use the check boxes located to the right of a job. For each search result page click Save Selected to save your selected jobs to your Inbox. If your job is successfully saved, a "Saved" status will appear below the selected job(s). Once you've saved a job you can access it through the My Jobs link on the main page sub-navigation.
- How do I remove a saved job? To remove a saved job, go to your Jobs Inbox page. Here you will see check boxes to the right of each job. Check off the jobs you wish to delete and use the dropdown menu located at the bottom to indicate you wish to delete these jobs. Click the Go button and these jobs will be deleted from your inbox.
- How do I save a search? After you run a search and decide you'd like to save the search's specifications, simply name the search and click the Save button located at the bottom of the search results page. You can access your saved searches through the My Searches link located in the top side sub-navigation.
- How do I upload my résumé? From the main My Science Careers page click on My Résumés. This will give the option of creating a résumé via Upload or Copy and Paste. Upload résumé will save a copy of your résumé for employers to download when they receive job applications from you. If your résumé is available via our résumé search database employers will use this feature to download your résumé directly. Copy and Paste résumés will appear directly on the résumé page.
- How do I create a cover letter? You will be given the option to create a cover letter each time you apply to a job. You may also create a cover letter by click on the My Cover Letters link located in the top side sub-navigation.
- How many Résumés and Cover Letters can you load into the system? As many as you'd like. However you can only have one résumé listed in our system, this is called your public résumé. Every résumé after your public résumé you create or upload to our system will be classified as private or confidential
- How do I enable job alerts? Job alerts are created via searches you have already saved. To enable job alerts simply go to My Searches in the topside sub-navigation. Here you will see all searches you have saved. Within each search you will see a link that says, "create agent". Click on this link , select agent criteria, modify you search if you wish, and hit Save at the bottom. You will now receive job alerts from Science Careers
- Is Science Careers only for scientific positions? Not entirely. We are focused on scientific positions in government, academia, and industry, but we also have job listings across a variety of areas within scientific organizations including sales, marketing, management, and more.