Find a Job | Employers
- Name: Roche
- Web Site:
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche’s personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostics that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. Founded in 1896, Roche has been making important contributions to global health for more than a century. Twenty-four medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organisation Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and chemotherapy.
In 2013 the Roche Group employed over 85,000 people worldwide, invested 8.7 billion Swiss francs in R&D and posted sales of 46.8 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. For more information, please visit www.roche.com.
All trademarks used or mentioned in this release are protected by law.
Roche in Switzerland
A global leader with deep roots in Switzerland
Innovation and tradition have made Roche what it is today: one of the world's biggest biotech companies and a leading supplier of in-vitro diagnostics and medicines for cancer and transplantation.
Increasingly, our innovative diagnostic systems and medicines enable the early detection and targeted treatment of disease. Our goals: to support effective preventive care, enable accurate diagnosis, relieve suffering and help people live longer, healthier lives.
Roche has been headquartered in Basel since the company's founding 115 years ago. The international success story that began very early in the company's history was launched here. Today Roche employs roughly 11,700 people at six sites in Switzerland and a total of over 80,000 people in 150 countries worldwide - all of them working to improve patients' lives.
Basel: the Group's strategic hub
Basel is home to Roche's Corporate Executive Committee and most Group functions. The Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics Divisions both have their headquarters here, with major Pharma research and development, manufacturing, marketing and administration organisations also located on site.
The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche's largest sites, over 9,500 people from approximately 90 countries work at Roche Basel. Northwest Switzerland is an ideal location for a healthcare company. The city of Basel and the surrounding region are Europe's strongest, most important centre for the life sciences. Competition is a spur to excellence. Today Roche is one of the three largest research organisations in Switzerland. Roche Basel includes the Kaiseraugst site (15 km from the main campus), where the Roche Group operates its largest, most modern packaging and logistics centre.
Rotkreuz: a pivotal Diagnostics site
The second largest Roche site in Switzerland is Rotkreuz, on Lake Zug. Rotkreuz is home to the marketing and sales company Roche Diagnostics (Schweiz) AG and several major global Diagnostics organisations, including Roche Professional Diagnostics, which supplies diagnostic systems and workflow solutions for laboratories, hospitals and doctors' offices. The site is also a global centre for developing molecular diagnostic reagents and test systems and business headquarters for the EMEA/LATAM region, comprising Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America.
The Burgdorf site (Roche Diabetes Care AG) is a pioneer in developing blood glucose monitoring devices and one of the world's leading suppliers of comprehensive diabetes management systems and services.
At the Schlieren site (Roche Glycart AG), near Zurich, virtually all the employees are research scientists working in the fields of molecular biology, cell and protein engineering, process biochemistry, cell biological assays, histology, preclinical in-vivo pharmacology and tumour immunology.
The Reinach site (Pharma (Schweiz) AG) is responsible for marketing and sales, clinical research activities and regulatory affairs issues throughout Switzerland.
Why work for Roche?
Make your mark. Improve lives.
As a research-based company, Roche needs people with the curiosity and courage to pursue unconventional ideas. We offer our employees an attractive working environment with outstanding development opportunities and benefits - as the following facts and figures attest:
- Expansion: Over the last three years Roche has created more jobs in Switzerland than any other company. Capital projects currently underway at Roche sites in Switzerland represent a total investment greatly exceeding 1 billion Swiss francs.
- Diversity: People from over 80 nations work for Roche in Switzerland; 40% of them are women, and 53% have a degree from a university or other institution of higher learning.
- Investing in young people: Roche operates apprenticeship programmes for a total of 350 apprentices in 18 trades and each year offers over 200 undergraduate and graduate internships.
- Employee development and talent management: In 2010 employees at Roche Basel completed 150,000 hours of course work in 490 training and continuing education courses with a total enrolment of 16,000.
- Benefits: Roche offers its employees working arrangements designed to help them balance career advancement with personal goals and family obligations. Sites have a wide range of specific plans and programmes in place to promote a healthy work-life balance, including flexible working hours and sports programmes and other leisure activities
- Recognition: Roche has had employee profit-sharing schemes for 40 years.
Visit Switzerland careers web site: http://careers.roche.com/switzerland/en
Become part of the Roche success story at http://careers.roche.com/switzerland/en.
Working for Roche in Switzerland: some facts and figures
Employees in Switzerland: approx. 11,700 (40% of them women)
Roche sites in Switzerland: Basel & Kaiseraugst (including Group headquarters), Burgdorf, Cham, Reinach, Rotkreuz, Schlieren
We offer entry level opportunities in
- Regulatory affairs
- Quality assurance and quality control
- Information management
- Direct hire
- Postdoctoral and training programmes
- Internships and thesis projects
We are looking for
- Electrical and computer engineering technicians
- IT specialists
- Mechanical and process engineering technicians
- Patent attorneys