- Career Magazine
- My Science Career
- Find A Job
- Graduate Programs
- Tools & Tips
- For Employers
Find a Job | Employers
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Name: The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Web Site:
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is the most comprehensive academic health center in the Southwestern United Statesthe only one in Texas with six schools, -offering programs in the biomedical sciences, dentistry, biomedical informatics, medicine, nursing, and public health.
Home to an extensive range of experts in scientific discovery, UTHealth encourages research at the intersection of disciplines and across institutional lines. UTHealth pursues collaborations with other faculty members at UTHealth, the Texas Medical Center, and other national and international health care institutions. With our team of talented professionals-individuals of extraordinary accomplishment and even greater promise-we're committed to transforming the lives of our current and future generations through innovative health solutions and discovery.
- 296 NIH grants awarded in FY 2009
- Research expenditures totaling nearly $300 million (FY10)
- State-of-the-art laboratory space
- IT capability to support data-intensive research
- One of the original 12 sites to receive the Clinical and Translational Science Award
- 19 Medical School faculty members ranked among America's Top Docs
- 19 degree and certificate programs across six schools
- School of Public Health ranked Number One in doctoral health education
- School of Nursing ranked in top 5 percent of nursing schools by U.S. News and World Report for 2008
- School of Biomedical Informatics is the only graduate school of its kind in Texas
Together, we deliver innovative solutions that create the best hope for a healthier future.
We invite you to be a part of this effort.