Tools & Tips | Multimedia
Alerts and Feeds
Science Careers offers a variety of alerts and RSS feeds that help you keep track of new job openings to investigate and follow up on our articles and advice to help develop your career.
Whether you are an actively looking for a new job or just want to stay informed about opportunities in your field, you can set up a quick and easy job alert. This allows you to receive e-mails that notify you of jobs that match your search criteria. You can also post a resume into our resume database so that employers can find you when they search for potential candidates.
Career Path Newsletter
Get a high-powered career boost each month from Science Careers with our Career Path newsletter. Each month Career Path offers…
- The latest featured jobs for scientists and engineers
- The month's top features and career-advice articles for students, postdocs, new hires, and experienced hands
- A featured employer, outlining their career opportunities and work environment
- Upcoming career fairs and workshops
- An illuminating discussion thread from the Science Careers forum
…and much more.
If you would like to receive Career Path each month, sign up now and select the box for special mailings at the bottom of the page.
If you're a regular visitor to our site, or just drop by from time to time, you may notice the little orange rectangles with the letters "XML" or "RSS" on some of our pages. RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication, and it provides a way to automatically capture our headlines for off-line reading or display on your own Web site.
With RSS you can display headlines from our Career Development section -- see our list of current feeds below -- and those other news providers, on your computer display with software called newsreaders. Newsreaders take RSS feeds in XML, a machine language, and format them in HTML, used for human-readable Web pages. With RSS, you can also grab our Web content and display it on your own Web site (legally), with the text updating automatically as we update the feeds.
Here is a list of our current RSS feeds:
- RSS Current Issue
- RSS Americas
- RSS Europe
- RSS Asia-Pacific
- RSS Diversity Issues
- RSS Career Stage - Postdoc
- RSS Career Stage - Graduate
- RSS Career Stage - Undergraduate
- RSS Work Sector - Academic
- RSS Work Sector - Industry
- RSS Work Sector - Government
- RSS Discipline - Biomedical
- RSS Discipline - Life Sciences
- RSS Discipline - Physical Sciences
- RSS Discipline - Social Sciences
- RSS Discipline - Engineering
- RSS The Job Market
- RSS Career Advice
- RSS Life and Career
- RSS Issues and Perspectives
- RSS Business Office Features
Learn about Science's other RSS feeds and RSS in general from the main Science site.