Tools & Tips | Outreach
Publishing in Science
- Date: February 14, 2009
- Time: 10:30 a.m. - 12 noon
- Location: AAAS Annual Meeting, Hyatt Regency Chicago, Grand Suite 5
- Attend for free with onsite registration for Career Workshops.
Dr. Pamela Hines, Senior Editor for Science, presented How to Publish in Science, at the 2009 AAAS Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL.
- Audio download: How to Publish in Science presentation (MP3)
- Katrina Kelners Tips for Publishing in Scientific Journals
- Moving Out of the Shadows: Publishing From the Rest of the World
- Learning the Ropes of Peer Reviewing
- Maximizing Productivity and Recognition, Part 1: Publication, Citation, and Impact
- If at First You Dont Succeed, Cool Off, Revise, and Submit Again
It was great to have Pam Hines join us for this event at the AAAS meeting. Her talk covered not only the role that editors play at Science, but also the review process that every paper submitted goes through. She encouraged scientists to think like reviewers when submitting their papers and to ensure that the manuscript is of the proper format. Pam also pointed out that papers published in Science come from a variety of fields and numerous countries.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
See all Outreach Events