Tools & Tips | Outreach
Webinar: Job Searching for Scientists: Tools, Tips, and Essentials
On September 30, 2009, we held a webinar on job searching tools and tips. Dave Jensen from Career Trax, Sharon Milgram from the NIH, Matthew Sammons from Qiagen, and Orlando Taylor from Howard University joined us for a great discussion of advice for job searching in both academia and industry. Watch it now.
- Mastering Your Ph.D.: Preparing for Your Post-Ph.D. Career
- Tooling Up: The Cold, Hard Truth about Finding a Job in 2009
- The One-Minute Talk
- Making the Most of Career Fairs
- Writing a Winning Cover Letter
- Tooling Up: Put Some Muscle into Your Marketing Materials
- Tooling Up: 15 Minutes to a Better Interview
This roundtable discussion looked at academic and industry job searches for research scientists. We talked about using networking in the job search process, locating job openings, getting together your application materials, putting your best foot forward in an interview, and negotiating the best compensation package. This webinar looked at the various parts of the job application process and focused on nuts and bolts advice that you can apply to your own job search. After watching the webinar, youll be better prepared to tackle todays challenging job market.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
See all Outreach Events