Tools & Tips | Outreach
How to Publish in Science
On December 7, 2009, Stella Hurtley presented How to Publish in Science, at the American Society for Cell Biology meeting in San Diego, CA.
Related Science Careers Articles
- Tips for Publishing in Scientific Journals
- Moving Out of the Shadows: Publishing From the Rest of the World
- Learning the Ropes of Peer Reviewing
- Maximizing Productivity and Recognition, Part 1: Publication, Citation, and Impact
- If at First You Dont Succeed, Cool Off, Revise, and Submit Again
Dr. Hurtley, from the journal Science, discussed the submission, review, approval, and publication process for the Science family of journals. Her presentation covered what editors look for in strong submissions and what reviewers are asked to consider when reading manuscripts. Dr. Hurtley walked through the process of submitting a paper through the review process and finally to publication, as well as explaining what types of papers are suitable for publication in Science as opposed to a specialty journal.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
See all Outreach Events