Tools & Tips | Outreach
Creative Job Searching
On December 9, 2009, Brianna Blaser gave a presentation on Creative Job Searching at the University of Southern Californias Keck School of Medicine.
- E-Persona Non Grata: Strategizing Your Online Persona
- Maximizing Productivity and Recognition, Part 2: Collaboration and Networking
- Tooling Up: The Informational Interview
- The One-Minute Talk
- Resume Rocket Science, 2007
- Writing a Winning Cover Letter
- The Walking, Talking Interviewing Machine
- The Dreaded Phone Interview
- Tooling Up: Negotiation Boot Camp
Being able to submit job applications online makes searching for jobs outside of academia seem deceptively easy. In reality, finding a position, particularly in the current economic climate, may take more creativity. In this workshop, we talked about the importance of networking, how to market yourself properly, and other ways to get a leg up on the competition when applying for nonacademic jobs.
Questions? E-mail email@example.com
See all Outreach Events