- Career Magazine
- My Science Career
- Find A Job
- Graduate Programs
- Tools & Tips
- For Employers
Tools & Tips | Outreach
Getting Ready for a Career Fair
On June 21, 2010, we held a workshop on Getting Ready for a Career Fair in Rockville, Maryland, designed to help participants prepare for the upcoming Postdoc Career Fair and for their job search.
Related Science Careers Articles
- Making the Most of Career Fairs
- Tooling Up: The Insiders Edge: Are Job Fairs Fair?
- Tooling Up: The Informational Interview
- Tooling Up: The Cold, Hard Truth About Finding a Job in 2009
- E-Persona Non Grata: Strategizing Your Online Persona
- Advanced Networking: Six Techniques for Maintaining Professional Momentum
- Tooling Up: The Job Seekers Lexicon
- Packaging Yourself for Product Companies
- Tooling Up: Put Some Muscle Into Your Marketing Materials
- Tooling Up: R??sum?? Rocket Science 2007
- Tips for a Successful CV
In this two-part workshop on career fairs, we had presentations on both networking as well as preparing your resume. First, Brianna Blaser of Science Careers presented Making Connections: Networking and Career Fairs. Her presentation focused on the basics of good networking and how to employ those tactics in a career fair setting. After that, Lori Conlan from the Office of Intramural Training and Education at the NIH spoke on Job Searching and Resumes. She answered attendees questions about their resumes and offered plenty of targeted advice.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
See all Outreach Events