Tools & Tips | Outreach
Careers Away From the Bench
On October 15, 2010, Brianna Blaser presented on Careers Away From the Bench at the University of Texas.
- Mastering Your Ph.D.: Goodbye to All That
- Scientist Lawyers: Test Tubes to Briefs
- Steering Science from a High Altitude
- A Matter of Policy
- Mastering Your Ph.D.: Exploring Nonprofit Organizations
- Science Writing: Some Tips for Beginners
- Analyzing Scientific Investments
- Transferring Skills to Tech Transfer
- Careers in Research Support
- Mastering Your Ph.D.: A Career in Management Consulting
- Education Research: A New (Tenure) Track for Scientists
- Do You Wanna Be a VAP (Visiting Assistant Professor)?
- Community College Faculty: Must Love to Teach
- Darwins Legacy: Rich Collections, Deep Expertise
- Careers in Perspective: Chemists Can Do Anything
- Scientists in Public Relations: Resources for Starting a Career
- A Toilet Technologist
- In Person: The Trick to a Rewarding Career
Could you be missing out on an exciting and rewarding career outside of academic or industrial research? Increasingly, Ph.D.-level scientists are becoming aware of other career opportunities beyond bench research. This workshop considered what a career path in these so-called "nontraditional" areas might look like. We discussed the types of alternative careers available, parlaying your current skills and values into a new area, ways to research career options, and developing needed skills.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
See all Outreach Events